Get2College, a division of Education Services Foundation, offers a comprehensive college planning program to provide a range of information and counseling to students and their families on planning and paying for college. Services are offered in our Get2College Centers in Jackson, on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and in North Mississippi, plus in workshops throughout the state.
Our Get2College Centers provide one-on-one free counseling to more than 4,000 students and parents annually in the areas of:
- college choice
- personality assessment to explore career options
- ACT/SAT Prep
- assistance in completing admissions and financial aid forms
- interview skills, including practice interviews
- scholarship search
The outreach team reaches 30,000 students and parents per year through more than 400 workshops in schools, churches and communities on the following subjects:
- Senior Year College Readiness
- Junior Year Planning for College
- College Planning for Freshmen and Sophomores
- ACT Prep
- Financial Aid
Staff also participate in numerous college fairs each year and host FAFSA Days in more than 100 high schools to provide one-on-one assistance in submitting the FAFSA and Mississippi financial aid application.
Get2College partners with many organizations to provide specialized services such as:
- Jackson Junior League (ACT Workshops)
- Gulf Coast Junior Auxiliary (ACT Workshops)
- College Goal Sunday (FAFSA Days)
- Operation Shoestring and Lanier High School’s Youth Employment Program (college readiness and success)
- Southern Association for College Admission Counseling (professional development for high school counselors)
Education Services Foundation
Get2College is funded by Education Services Foundation (ESF) which was created as a nonprofit in 1995 to make certain that Mississippi students have access to higher education. ESF also serves as the managing company for Mississippi Higher Education Assistance Corporation (MHEAC), the not-for-profit secondary market corporation in the State of Mississippi.