Get2College offers a comprehensive college planning program to provide a range of information and counseling to students and their families on planning and paying for college. Services are offered in our Get2College Centers in Jackson, on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and in North Mississippi, plus in workshops throughout the state.
Our Get2College Centers provide one-on-one free counseling to more than 4,000 students and parents annually in the areas of:
- college choice
- personality assessment to explore career options
- ACT/SAT Prep
- assistance in completing admissions and financial aid forms
- interview skills, including practice interviews
- scholarship search
The outreach team reaches 30,000 students and parents per year through more than 400 workshops in schools, churches and communities on the following subjects:
- Senior Year College Readiness
- Junior Year Planning for College
- College Planning for Freshmen and Sophomores
- ACT Prep
- Financial Aid
Staff also participate in numerous college fairs each year and host FAFSA Days in more than 100 high schools to provide one-on-one assistance in submitting the FAFSA and Mississippi financial aid application.
Get2College partners with many organizations to provide specialized services such as:
- Jackson Junior League (ACT Workshops)
- Gulf Coast Junior Auxiliary (ACT Workshops)
- College Goal Sunday (FAFSA Days)
- Operation Shoestring and Lanier High School’s Youth Employment Program (college readiness and success)
- Southern Association for College Admission Counseling (professional development for high school counselors)
Education Services Foundation
Get2College is funded by Education Services Foundation (ESF) which was created as a nonprofit in 1995 to make certain that Mississippi students have access to higher education. ESF also serves as the managing company for Mississippi Higher Education Assistance Corporation (MHEAC), the not-for-profit secondary market corporation in the State of Mississippi.
Until the enactment of Federal legislation on July 1, 2010, ESF offered low-cost Federal Student Loans. Borrowers with questions about their ESF loans may call 1.800.362.1304.
Our Board of Directors
ESF and MHEAC are served by an outstanding Board of Directors, experts in their fields of education or finances:
W. Stan Pratt
ESF and MHEAC Board Chair
President, Canebrake Development Company
J. Murray Underwood
ESF and MHEAC Board Vice Chair
Retired Partner, KPMG
Dr. Jayne B. Sargent
ESF and MHEAC Board Secretary/Treasurer
Retired Superintendent, Jackson Public Schools
David L. Martin
Special Counsel, Jones Walker LLP
Dr. Andrew P. Mullins, Jr.
Chief of Staff to the Chancellor Emeritus, The University of Mississippi
Ronald G. Smith
Senior Executive Vice President and Mid=America Region President, Regions Bank
Jack L. Woodward
Retired Dean of Student Aid Financial Planning, Millsaps College
Got a question about ESF or our Get2College Centers?
Contact us today.